Don’t see your question listed below? Don't panic! Give us a call at 985-800-2366 or fill out our Contact form to get in touch.
There has been lots of science about hypertonic saline solutions in terms of nebulizer treatments, wet salt therapy solutions and saline, so utilizing salt and saline in medical environments is not something that is foreign. This is a dry salt application designed through a delivery mechanism of inhalation, and due to the particle size, it’s able to penetrate the epidermis at the surface level.
- Super Absorbent - Dry salt acts like a sponge attracting foreign substances along its path through the respiratory tract. The dry salt can be imagined behaving like a toothbrush that cleans the respiratory system removing the build-up of foreign elements that cause various respiratory ailments and conditions.
- Dry salt aerosol is also very hygroscopic. As quickly as it can, it attracts as much moisture as possible. When salt particles are inhaled and deposited on the mucus on the bronchial tree, the mucus is liquefied, which facilitates its easy expectoration. Sputum is loosened and can then be removed by coughing. The obvious advantage of this is that any blocking of the airways caused by the mucus is removed.
- Dry salt aerosol also works as a mucokinetic agent and can increase the effectiveness of a cough, either by increasing expiratory cough airflow or by unsticking highly adhesive secretions from the airway walls. Salt stimulates the bronchial self-cleaning mechanism and can, therefore, act as an expectorant. This slight stimulation removes the mucus faster.
- Anti-Inflammatory - Inhaled dry salt particles may help to reduce inflammation in the entire respiratory tract and widen the airway passages. Clinical studies have found that the inhalation of dry salt aerosol results in decreased colonization of pathogenic bacteria flora. A clean respiratory system naturally results in higher oxygen intake, increased energy, and an improved immune system.
- Anti-Bacterial - The dry salt particles act as an antibacterial agent, dissolving bacteria and pollutants lodged in the respiratory tract. These are then either coughed up or naturally expelled by the body.
The micro-particles of salt have a beneficial influence to the integument system (skin protective layer) and hairs providing healing and cosmetic effects. This increases activity of skin cell ion channels and activates electrophysiological activity that determines the skin’s protective properties. The dry salt impacts the skin microcirculation and assists cellular membrane activity used in dermatology and cosmetology and enhances their effectiveness.
You may feel some improvement after a single session, but a series of treatments is required to achieve long-term results. For mild conditions, 6-8 treatments may be enough. Some people use treatments as a preventative measure to avoid the common cold, and other respiratory viruses. Salt Therapy is not a cure, but a natural way to manage symptoms.
Halotherapy benefits adults and children alike, as well as athletes and animals. It is natural and safe and there are no known side effects. Many people who undergo halotherapy as a complementary treatment on a regular basis may find relief from a variety of respiratory conditions such as: • Allergies • Asthma • Bronchitis • Bronchial Infections • Cold and Flu • COPD • Cystic Fibrosis • Emphysema Dry salt therapy is also extremely beneficial to your skin in treating: • Acne • Eczema • Psoriasis In addition, dry salt therapy has been shown to reduce: • Anxiety • Fatigue • Stress
Don't See A Question?
Select the topic that best describes your question.
Medical Clearancelearn more
Essential Therapieslearn more
Infrared Saunalearn more
Haelo Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapylearn more
Oxygen Aromatherapylearn more
Salt Halotherapylearn more
Audiovisual Entrainment (AVE)learn more
Whole Body Cryotherapylearn more
Celluma Red Light Therapylearn more
Normatec Compressionlearn more
Join our wellness movement
Elevate with bēon
Find your tribe in a community of people who prioritize health and wellness. Our recovery services help you rediscover your purpose and connect with others on the same path. Preserve your wellbeing and your wallet by becoming a member.